FAIRFIELD, IL — Funeral services for a 38-year-old Wayne County Sheriff’s deputy killed Wednesday in the line of duty are scheduled for Tuesday.
A visitation will be held from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday, January 3, 2022 at the Fairfield Community High School gym. A first responder walk-thru will take place at 6 p.m. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 4, 2022 in the high school gym.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Deputy Riley’s honor may be made to the Sean Riley Benefit fund at the Trust Bank in Cisne. Memorials will be accepted at the services and the Johnson and Vaughn Funeral Home in Fairfield, IL which is assisting with arrangements. Burial will take place in Cisne Cemetery, and the community is asked to show their support by lining the procession route.
Funeral Procession Information: Departure from Fairfield Community High School – Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022 immediately following funeral services and first responder walk-through.
- East on W. King Street toward SW 3rd Street
- Turn left onto SE 4th Street
- Turn left onto E. Court Street
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto NE 3rd Street
- Turn right onto E. Main Street
- Slight right onto US-45 N/US Hwy 45
- Turn left onto Central Avenue
- Arrive at Cisne Family Cemetery