WAMAC, IL — A Wamac machine shed was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Centralia Fire Protection District, they responded to the 18000 block of Irvington Road on a report of a fire. It’s believed the fire was the result of a grill fire that was thought to have been out but was apparently whipped up by 30 mph winds.
Centralia City firefighters and Hoyleton firefighters, provided mutual aid at the scene.
Although firefighters had the fire knocked down in the initial attack, crews had to continue pouring water on the smoldering structure to put out spot fires and keep it from rekindling.
Woodlawn was also called for a tanker to the scene but had to decline, and Hoffman was called but stopped before arriving on scene.
Life Star ambulance stood by on the scene as well in cause of injury.