MT. VERNON, IL — Beginning on Monday, October 18, Crossroads Community Hospital is revising its visitor policy. The visitor guidelines will begin allowing one visitor per patient.
Visitor/ Support Person guidelines
- Visitors/ Support Person will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and must pass the screening to visit a patient.
- Visitor / Support Person must wear a visitor sticker and face covering at all times during the visit.
- Visitor / Support Person must practice good hand hygiene during the visit. Hand sanitizer is located throughout the facility
- Visitor / Support Person should practice social distancing while in the facility
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be allowed. Exceptions may be made if there are special circumstances. **
- Adult patients: One visitor/support person is allowed during the entire visit. Visitors may not “switch out” with another visitor).
- Pediatric patients: Two parents or legal guardians are allowed. .
Inpatients / Emergency Department
One visitor / support person for each patient for the duration of the stay . Any variations to the following list of exceptions must be approved by the supervisor.
- Pediatric patients: Two parents or legal guardians for each patient will be allowed in the room. Parents or legal guardians may stay overnight in accordance with the usual policy.
- Special circumstances include those who are at end –of-life or medically unstable. .
- Patients who are positive for COVID-19 or who are being tested for COVID-19 may not have visitors unless they have a special circumstance.
** Visitors for patients with special circumstances must be approved by Leadership **