CENTRALIA — Friends and family are raising funds for a disabled Vietnam Veteran made homeless when his rural Centralia home was destroyed by a fire Tuesday afternoon.
Monty Kuhn lost all his belongings along with his home. According to fire officials, Kuhn was home at the time of the fire but was able to escape with only minor injuries before flames consumed the home on Kuhn Road southwest of Centralia.
Kuhn reportedly left his phone inside the mobile home so was unable to call 911 to report the fire.
A neighbor called after spotting the fire but by the time firefighters arrived the home was almost completely consumed.
Kuhn was treated at the scene for minor burns on his hand.
A Facebook fundraiser is attempting to raise money to help Kuhn get a new single-wide trailer to replace the one destroyed in Tuesday’s blaze.
As of Thursday morning, they have raised just over $2,000 of their $15,000 goal.