• Thursdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day – Cedarhurst stays open late until 8 pm every Thursday between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The museum converts the back patio and lawn into a third space, giving the community members a place to gather, network, and enjoy the beautiful southern Illinois summer and scenery. Thursday Night Live is a no-pressure way to engage first time visitors of “non-art folks” to gain appreciation for the arts and learn about the many different programs Cedarhurst offers year round. Weekly attendance usually tops 200.
• Live Music – Entertainment is a staple of Thursday Night Live, as local and regional musicians are hired to perform each week.
• Weekly Activities – Museum staff help the committee design and facilitate special art experiences and activities from week to week to encourage visitors to become more involved with the arts i.e. – artist demonstrations, DIY craft nights, art chats, games, pottery firings, community art projects, and more.
• Cash Bar – The museum welcomes annual sponsors to serve as volunteer bartenders and network with attendees.
• Food Concessions – Cedarhurst invites local food vendors to set up and sell concessions each week, creating community partnerships that help local businesses and enhance the TNL atmosphere.
Full calendar can be found on our website at https://www.cedarhurst.org/ThursdayNightLive.html
Mt.Vernon, IL 62864